the Sriranga Mantapa section of the museum are
displayed the royal train compartment which
was being used by the Kings and Queens of
Mysore, a pillar from the Old Srirangapatna
railway station and a wired fence which was
being used in the bygone era. Few old steam
locomotives are also on display here.
The Railway Museum at Mysore, India is an
outdoor exhibit of vintage locomotives. It
was setup in 1979 by Indian Railways and is
the second such museum after the National
Railway Museum in Delhi. The museum is
situated opposite the Central Food
Technology and Research Institute on
Krishnaraja Sagar road. In addition to the
locomotives it has a gallery of photographs
and paintings depicting the growth of
railways in India. Railway signals and
lights are also displayed. The museum also
has a battery-operated mini-train for
children which makes a small ride in the
grounds of the museum.
506 4-6-2 is the first loco at the entrance, An
Austin rail-motor car,
Maharaja's bed and reading table,
Inspection car cum ticket office,
YDM4 #6200 on dual gauge track at Mysore
station. It is the second YDM4 by DLW in
1968. (#6199 being the first one.)
Two royal coaches that belonged to the
Maharaja of Mysore.
A W.G. Bagnall #1625 which was made in
1900 for Khushalgarh - Kohat - Thal
Railway which was a military frontier
line, was subsequently transferred to
North Western Railways. It operated at
Timber Depot in Marala and was
transferred later to Dhilwan Creosoting
plant. This 2'-6" gauge locomotive is
configured as 2-4-2ST.
Class E #37244 4-4-4T from SIR built by
North British Locomotive Co. in 1920.
Originally # 8, it was one of the three
Class TS/1 #37338 2-6-2T from SR, made
by W.G. Bagnall in 1932 for Mysore State
A YP #2511 made by Telco in 1963.