Dasara Helpline Dial
+91-99008 01675, 99008 04061
Useful Kannada Words | Dasara FAQs
Dasara Frequently Asked Questions
VIP Gold Card Tickets
Mr. Chandra Mohan, Cell
Dasara Procession Tickets for 21.10.2007 : Rs. 1000 and Rs. 250/- :: Tickets available at
- Mysore City Corporation
Contact Person -
Smt. Sudha - PRO
Phone : 0821-2418807, Mobile : +91-98451 88659
Contact Person -
Sri. Yogesh - Secretary
Phone : 0821.2421629 (Extension : 262)
Mobile : +91-94496 79294
- KSRTC - Rural Bus Stand
Contact Person -
Mobile : +91-94490 62789
- DC Office
Contact Person :
Phone : +91-99008 01675, 99008 04061
- Mysore Palace
Contact Person - Sri. Nagaraj
Phone : 0821-2434425
Mobile : +91-93418 34020
- Town Hall
Contact Person - Sri. Raju
Phone : 0821-2418820
- Whom to contact if I have any question
Dasara Helpline Dial +91-99008 01675, 99008 04061
- What is Mysore Dasara
Dasara is the Nadahabba of the state of Karnataka. It is also called as Navaratri (Nava-ratri = nine-nights) and is a 10-day festival with the last day being Vijayadashami, the most auspicious day of Dasara.
- What is Mysore famous for
Mysore is famous for silk sarees (Mysore Silk), Sandalwood carvings and the many varities of perfumed incense sticks. Mysore's market places can be a good place to start, like Ashoka Road, Sayyaji Rao Road and for a mix of Western and Indian traditional shopping head to Devaraj Urs Road. To experience one of India's best markets head to Devaraja Market where tourists and locals alike shop for daily fruit and vegetables as well as the rows and rows of flowers and various spices. Devaraja market is on Dhanwanthri Road.
- I am planning to come to Mysore, what are the various modes of transportation available
Mysore Junction is the city's main station, and there are daily trains plying the route between Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Thanjavur as well as smaller and lesser known Indian cities.
Mysore has intra-city, inter-city and suburban public bus transportation. Buses run every 5 minutes on the Bangalore route, and there is a choice of both A/C and non-A/C vehicles. During the weekends, these buses are often full, so it is advisable to reserve a seat in advance.
Mysore and Bangalore have a direct road connection, but be warned about driving in India, which is especially dangerous at night because of speeding trucks. The 4 lane expressway between Bangalore and Mysore is now complete, and allows the 140 km journey to be covered in about 2.5 hours.
The nearest domestic and international airport is Bangalore airport (130km from Mysore) Mysore Airport is currently non-operational.
- Contact Phone number of Deputy Commissioner's Office
Phone : 0821.2422302
- Contact details for Foreigner Registration and Visa Extension Office
Office of the Police Commissioner, Nazarbad, Phone : 0821.2564252
Office of the Superintendent of Police, Jalpura, Phone : 0821.2441551
- Contact Number for the bus services available in Mysore City
KSRTC City Bus Stand - 0821 - 2424995
KSRTC Reservation 0821 - 2425819 / Mobile +91-9980915215
KSRTC Bus Stand 0821 - 2443490
KSRTC Counter 0821 - 2423652
Rural / Suburban Bus Stand 0821 - 2520853
- What should I do about hotel accommodation and transportation.
Several hotels are within walking distance and also there is a facility of Home Stay
- What food is available
Veg or Non Veg food is available at various restaurants in the City.
- How to get around in the city.
Getting around in Mysore is cheaper than most Indian cities.
Auto Rickshaws - Usually go by the meter, there are also pre paid auto stands at the bus stands Minimum fare is 14.00 Rs.
Tourist Cabs - Are the best choice in case you want to tour the city all day or visit nearby places.
Jhutka Gaadis (Horse drawn carriages) are available in Mysore. One of the few remaining vestiges of the old pre-independance Mysore. A Jhutka stand exists in the railway station, bus stand etc. It is a feeling of Heritage Ride in Mysore, when the city is illuminated at the evenings.
- What is the cost of a Ticket which has all the facilities of a VIP
Gold Card : Rs. 6000 per Gold Card. Entry for 2 + 1
- I am with the Press. Can I attend for free.
For more information on this please call Mr. Prakash at +91-9448489195
- What events are free with the Dasara VIP Card
- Mysore Palace Entrance
- Zoological Gardens Entrance
- KRS - Brindavan Gardens Entrance
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary Entrance
- Nagarahole Wildlife Sanctuary Entrance
- Dasara Exhibition Entrance
- Special Entry at Chamundi Temple
- Musical Concerts at Palace
- Dance programmes at Jaganmohan Palace
- Film shows at theatres
- Drama Competitions at Kalamandira
- Sports meet
- 50% discount on tickets to G R S Fantasy Park
- Yuva Dasara
- Food Mela
- Air Show at Bannimantap
- Railway Museum
- Jamboo Savari
- Torch Light Parade
- What are the nearest hotels to the events
Most of the events happen in the heart of the city and all the hotels are at the walking distance
- When will the tickets be available
Its already available and for more information please call +91-99008 01675,
- Place where the tickets for Mysore Dasara are sold
Dasara Gold Card VIP Tickets please contact Mr. Chandra Mohan,
Dasara Procession Tickets are sold at
DC Office, KSRTC Bus Stand, Suburban Bus Stand, MUDA, Mysore City Corporation, Mysore Palace North and South Gates, Hotel Hoysala
- Is there any parking facility
Yes, most of the places where events are held there is a separate place for parking
- How is the seating arranged
Seating is arranged and numbered
- What is the difference between the regular tickets and with Gold Card Ticket
Regular Tickets will have only entrance for a particular event only.
Gold Card Tickets will have a separate seating arrangement with all VIP Facilities
- Will there be any a waiting list once the tickets are sold out
- Is there any age limit for the attendees
- When do the programs mostly take place
In the Evenings, please refer Events link
- How many Cellular Phone Operators are in Mysore
GSM : BSNL, Airtel, Hutch, Spice
CDMA : Reliance, Tata Indicom
Land Lines :BSNL, Airtel, Reliance, Tata Indicom
- Where can I get Event Program Information in Mysore
Event Programs will be available at Information centres and also please call +91-99008 01675, 99008 04061 for more information.
- Is there any event in the morning
Yes, Heritage Walk of Mysore which starts at
- What should I bring
Water Bottle for drinking more information can be collected from
+91-99008 01675, 99008 04061.
- There is supposed to be updated information on a certain webpage, but it does not seem to be there
Please refresh your Explorer or reload, more information
please call +91-98450 01658
- I was not able to attend the event, can I get information
Yes, please contact in charge of the Event
- Can I take pictures or videos of the event
- Can I bring my video camera/camcorder into the concert arena
- Can I bring my iPod?
Mp3 players are permitted.
What are the Cultural Art forms participating in the Procession
Kellu Kudure (Kudure Kuniha)
What is the highlight of Mysore Dasara
Dasara Procession held on the Vijayadashami, the tenth day. It is led by caparisoned elephants carrying an idol of goodess Chamundeshwari seated in a golden howday (elephant seat).
From where the procession starts
Procession wends its way from the Majaraja's Palace to the torch light parade ground. The procession then returns to the palace.
As soon as the procession over then what is the next program
After the Dasara Procession, at the Bannimantap Grounds Torch Light Parade Starts at 6.30 pm on 21.10.2007
Tourism Entertainment Emergencies Around Mysore Download